Sunday, March 2, 2014

Relevant material, Australian travelers delight, and news of an upcoming adventure.


 
 
The picture and links I posted below are some relevant items I thought I would share with you today.
 
 
 
 

(picture found on


 


 

(* Side note: Both of the links given above provide a lot of useful information on travel through Australia for anyone planning a trip. It’s must read material!  Because this location is on my short-list of places to visit I wanted to make sure and point that out.)
       
 
 

I first saw the picture in my newsfeed on Facebook. A friend of mine posted it on her wall. I considered this a gift, a wonderful gift. And a caption I couldn’t agree more with. Perhaps this will provide someone a little extra motivation to break away and visit somewhere new. Although, for my friends in Wisconsin and the upper Midwest, I think the current weather alone should be enough. -30°F with wind-chill (-34°C) should put a “fire” under anyone’s ass to get away. I hear Sacramento California is reeeaaalll nice this time of year….or at least better than that.  

 The picture itself was in a blog from the website http://stephabroad.com . For my fellow lady travelers and the men who date them, the article “Date a girl who travels” (link at the top) is a great read and, furthermore, a great website to poke around. The author, Steph Ridhalgh, is a seasoned traveler. She was born in Sidney, Australia but grew up in London and later Boston. She was a field producer for the hit Australian breakfast show “Sunrise” and has lots of experience touring around the world just from working for the show. She most recently moved to New York City, which is her home base for her most recent adventures. (see her “Isreal: A First Trip”) Her passion for traveling is evident in everything she writes. Her website is designed well and features some great travel treats for various places.

 The second link listed above (READ IT) is one of the best travel related pieces I’ve ever read. It’s essentially about traveling on a budget but it is packed full of other useful stuff. It has quite a few tips for travelers with limited resources and also provides “how-tos” for low cost and free travel. The article also features additional links I think any adventurer could appreciate and make use of. The website https://www.couchsurfing.org , a reference I found in the reading, is something I just recently signed up for. It’s $25 to sign up but I’ve read some great reviews. I’m sure that I’ll be using this, so stay tuned for a future blog and possible YouTube video about this site and how it works. If you already are familiar with this site or a member, leave a comment and tell me what you think. If you are interested, please add me. My user name is DannyJ.Mitchell. Perhaps we’ll drink a pint together sometime.

 I am going on a trip somewhere in California very soon. I’ll be bringing a camera (the Nikon D5200) and trying my hand at photography. I’m unsure where I’m going yet and chances are I won’t know until I get there. Of course, Lake Tahoe has crossed my mind and San Francisco as well but there is so much I haven’t seen yet. The exciting part about this is that it will be the first time I go somewhere with the specific intent to write about it. In addition, I will hopefully be traveling overseas this month. I’ll let you know as the time gets closer where that is and what I’ll be doing.

This is all very new to me, so, as always, please let me know what you think. Please add me on google+ and follow me on twitter @traptadrenalin (Although, I’m new to twitter and don’t say much yet.) I would just like to say thanks again for taking the time to read my blog. I really appreciate every one of you and your feedback. Now get out there and start planning some travel.

4 comments:

  1. Hey danny, I have some couch surfing friends in Switzerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you familiar with the site? Are you a member? What do you think of it and ?

      Delete